We work with Real Estate capital providers to unlock insight and secure their investments.
Our mission is straightforward: Working together with Real Estate capital providers to unlock insight and secure their investments. We challenge the established traditional Real Estate assumptions to help our clients build the pillars to beat the cycle. We aspire to foster trust among market players and reshape the interaction between investors, developers, lenders, local asset managers, government and the entire social community. Together.
It is simple, we always ask ourselves whether what we do is something we can defend openly today and tomorrow. We always represent our core skills honestly. We preserve confidenciality of client information. We make promises we can keep. Our procedures always require double-check to contrast not evident decisions.
We are strongly committed to delivering real value to our clients value that returns many multiples of their Real Estate investment. We pursue tangible impact through an innovative approach, not simply written ideas.
Clients come first:
We work hard to identify our clients' real needs, going beyond just delivering good work. We make all of our resources available to our clients and commit ourselves to their success.
We always adopt a long-term view in our relationships. We think that teamwork and cooperation are essential to our success both as a Firm and individuals. We aim for a lifelong bond to those who have joined Nearby Real Estate.
At Nearby Real Estate we love a diverse workplace. We accept, value and incorporate people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Different thoughts, expertise, and experience are crucial to the creation of an environment where challenges foster creativity, talent grows and curiosity endures.
We believe we can have a positive impact beyond the property business itself. Our people are 100% committed to Real Estate activity that ensures the sustainability of our cities and buildings. We are determined to take steps as a Firm to deliver a better Real Estate market to the upcoming generations.
Our way to bring value to a client is to become its partner. Our projects give us the opportunity to challenge our clients' mindset, as well as our own.
Real Estate challenges we face today:
• Investment. Securing a Shopping Centre transaction amidst growing uncertainty stemming from the emergence of e-commerce.
• Financing. Taking advantage of the rigid financing schemes of local lenders by structuring a mezzanine tranche.
• Repositioning. Finding alternatives to fill in the gap left by an underforming fashion anchor Brand.
• Development. Designing and building a cross-docking logistics warehouse under BREEAM guidance
• Exit and profit. Executing a succesful divestment of a Student Housing portfolio in the framework of a competitive process.
• Restructuring. Optimizing a refinancing strategy for an underperforming Hotel, reorienting it using a DPO solution.
We bring in the right people to innovate and deliver value-added solutions based on previous multidisciplinary analysis. Together, as one.
• Challenging the asset business performance to identify possible upsides and risks.
• Auditing financial statements from a critical perspective to check for valuation impairments, potential price adjustments or indemnities to be negotiated.
• Solveing technical or a town planning problems that limit asset potential.
• Restructuring current debtgiven the new business plan that is to be executed.
We shape our clients' agenda and enable meaningful, enduring impact.
• We monitor the strategy implemented as the business is executed.
• We fine-tune the execution with new approaches whenever required.
• We foster trust and create long-term relationships with our clients.
Javier Catón, MRICS
Javier's life obsession was to launch his own company. Prior to founding Nearby Real Estate, Javier developed a successful career at Deloitte Real Estate team in Spain. At Deloitte Javier had the chance to take on some of the key Real Estate transactions of commercial properties from 2014 to 2019 providing both sell-side and buy-side multidisciplinary advice. Javier's background in architecture and economics coupled with his solid legal and tax knowledge makes him a trend-setter within the modern multidisciplinary transaction assessment required by institutional investors. He mentors and teaches at MDI Business School, where he is considered a reputed professor.
Félix Villaverde, MRICS
Along with Javier, Félix is the co-founder of Nearby Real Estate and leads the debt advisory and assurance services practice. After a successful career at Deloitte's Real Estate team, where he developed the business modelling and valuation practice, Félix focused on the Hospitality segment by providing advisory services to debt funds and traditional lenders to structure financing for both yielding and development projects. This venture helped him come to be considered one of the top advisors in the hospitality financing market since 2017. Félix's architecture and economics background, together with his passion for teaching, led him to create from scratch the Deloitte talent program for the Real Estate practice. Today he is a reputed lecturer at IE Business School.